Oh, it is strawberry season and I am so excited. I love making strawberry jam with coconut rum and lime zest and then using that delicious, decadent jam in other recipes. So today, lets start with the basics...how to make the jam. The recipe is below.
The Holland Farmer's Market has wonderful strawberries this time of year. Wednesday and Saturday mornings are my favorite during the summer because that is when the market is open.
Strawberry Jam with Coconut Rum & Lemon Zest
Yield: 3 – 8 oz. Jars
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
5 cups cut strawberries de-stemmed and chopped
1 box of pectin
4 cups sugar
2 T. Coconut Rum
Zest of 2 Limes
1. Place strawberries and pectin in saucepan
2. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute
3. Add sugar, Lime zest & rum
4. Bring to rolling boil and boil for 1 minute
5. Pour jam into boiled jar
6. Place boiled lid & rim on and twist.
7. Submerge filled jar into boiling water for 5 minutes
8. Let cool on rack
Here is the canning set I used. Meijer has them. I also used a 16 quart pan to boil the water.