Sour Cream Apple Pie is my absolute favorite apple pie. It has a rich, buttery, dense crust, a layer of sweet cinnamon apples, another layer of creamy custard, topped with a brown sugar and butter crispy topping.
You don't have to roll out this crust. Just mix the crust ingredients, form it into a ball then press it into your pie tin. Voila..super easy and super flavorfull! How can you go wrong with butter, cream cheese, flour and sugar?
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 2 Tablespoons flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 egg
• 3 cups peeled, sliced tart apples (For this recipe I use Granny Smith)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 3 oz Cream Cheese
• 1.4 cup flour
• 1 stick butter
• 2 T sugar
1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
2 Beat together sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg (can beat by hand). Add apples, mixing carefully to coat well.
3 For the crust, mix cream cheese, flour, butter & sugar (don’t overwork) and press into pie pan.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
5. Put filling into a pie shell and bake at 350 degrees initially for 30 min.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Cinnamon Crumb Topping. Bake for and additional 15 more minutes.
Let cool an hour before serving.
Yield: Serves 8.